• PublicHealth-PIZC-Content

Pasadena Public Health Department

  • Environmental Health Services

    The Environmental Health Division improves the environmental quality of life and the health of Pasadena area residents through education and protection of the environment by eliminating known agents that cause diseases injuries and unsanitary conditions.

    Environmental Health staff are responsible for enforcing California Health and Safety Codes and Municipal Codes related to all food facilities, street food vendors, public swimming pools, noise control and vector control. Staff also work with the Pasadena Humane Society to Cookensure animal and rabies control.

    Special Events Forms


    Downloadable Forms


    Assembly Bill 1252 is now in effect, adding to the California Retail Food Code (CRFC) Section 113961. Bare-hand contact with ready-to-eat food is prohibited. Download the fact sheet and frequently asked questions below:


    Food Inspections Database

    The Food Inspection Database is currently undergoing some changes. Any inspections conducted after January 1, 2014 will not be available until the new database is live. The expected date is April 1, 2014.

    This section has been developed for you to learn more about the food service establishments in Pasadena from the perspective of safe food handling. Food establishments that sell or serve food to the public must get an annual permit and be inspected by the Pasadena Public Health Department/Environmental Health Division. These food establishments include restaurants, fast food establishments, food and espresso carts, bakeries, coffee bars, delis, the fresh food sections in grocery stores, bars/pubs, retail food markets, liquor stores and more.


    Recent Food Facility Permit Suspensions/Closures:

    Click below for a list of facility closures and date of reopening.


    Search For a Food Establishment: To search for food inspections conducted prior to January 1, 2014, please click on the link below.

    search for the inspection reports for food establishments >>


    Environmental Health Programs & Services  

    • Africanized Honey Bees  
    • Animal and Rabies Control 
    • Food Establishment Inspection Results
    • Food Safety Certification
    • Insect and Rodent Control/Vector Control
    • Noise Control/ Permits & Complaints
    • Leaf Blower Certification
    • Plan Checks for Food Establishments
    • Public Swimming Pool Inspection
    • Sanitation Investigation, Prevention & Complaints
    • Special Events Food Permits


    Do you have an environmental health complaint?
    Do you want to report it?

    Call (626) 744-6004 for additional information.


  • Report Issues to the City OnLine

    You may report needed repairs and other issues online through the Pasadena Citizen Service Center.   Get information about or submit a service request for:

    • Animal Control Issues
    • Code Compliance
    • Garbage & Graffiti
    • Park & Tree Maintenance
    • Public Transportation Issues
    • Street & Sidewalk Issues
    • Food Safety & Parking
    • General Comments  & more ...

    To use the service, go to the Citizen Service Center and click on "Submit a Request."   Once you have submitted the request you will be contacted by the appropriate department. 

    Looking for general information?  Search our list of FAQs.

  • Downloadable Brochures

    Download the following tri-fold brochures to learn how you can protect yourself from various infectious diseases: