1) How do I qualify for an Annual Overnight On-street Parking Permit?Basic Qualifications:
2) How do I qualify for an Annual Daytime On-street Parking Permit?Basic Qualifications:
3) How many permits can I apply for?If qualified, each residence can receive up to a maximum of 2 permits per residence.
4) How do I apply for a permit?An application form must be completed and submitted to the Parking Division.
Please click here for Annual Permit Application.
5) Do I need to bring in my vehicle registration(s)?Yes, you will need to provide a photo copy of valid and CURRENT vehicle registration for ALL VEHICLES parked at your residence. ALL vehicle registration(s) submitted MUST show and match the address as listed on the application.
6) What if I am a frequent visitor to a residence in Pasadena?Frequent or occasional visitors may purchase Temporary Overnight Parking Exemptions at any of the five conveniently located kiosks (or buy one online).
7) What if I am a student living in Pasadena while attending school?If you are a student living in Pasadena while attending school in the area and your vehicle is registered to your primary residence at a different location, in addition to completing an application for the parking permit and providing ALL of the registrations for the vehicles parking at your residence, you will need to complete a STUDENT REQUEST FOR EXEMPTION FORM in order to be exempted from the change of address requirement. You MUST also provide a copy of your valid driver’s license and your valid current student identification card and/or current school registration at the time you submit the application. These requirements shall apply to all students living at the residence.
Please click here for Student Parking Permit.
8) What if I have a company car?If you have a car registered to a company that you take home at night, in addition to the vehicle registration, you will need to provide a letter from your supervisor on your company’s letterhead indicating that that specific car has been issued to you and that you are authorized to take the vehicle home at night and park it at your residence. The letter must include the address of your residence.
9) What happens after you receive my application and registration(s)?
Your completed application and the photocopy (ies) of your vehicle registration(s) will be processed. The Parking Division will then investigate the following criteria:
You will not qualify for a temporary parking permit, if you can obtain an additional parking place at your complex by paying an extra monthly fee or if there is a commercial parking lot that allows overnight parking for a fee.
10) What can I do to prevent citations while my application is being processed?A three-week temporary parking permit will be issued for your vehicle during the investigation process. If you have not heard from the Parking Division regarding the status of your permit prior to the expiration date of your temporary permit, you will need to come in to the Parking Division with your expiring permit to extend your temporary for an additional period of time. Extensions from the Parking Division will only be granted one time. If you have not received confirmation on the status of your permit prior to the expiration date of your extended permit, please contact the Parking Division at (626) 744-7665 to check the status.
11) What happens if my permit is approved?If your parking permit application is approved, you will be notified by mail. YOU MUST PICK UP THE PERMIT IN PERSON at the Parking Division. Payment is due at the time you receive your permit. ALL outstanding parking violations (for each vehicle parked at your address) MUST be paid prior to the issuance of your permit. Approved permit applications are only valid for 30 days from the approval date. Permits not picked up during that time will be voided.Note: Receipt of notification does not exempt you from citation if your temporary permit has expired.
12) What happens if my application is denied?If your parking permit application is denied, the Parking Division will notify you by mail. Should you have any questions regarding the denial, please call (626) 744-7665.
13) What is the fee for the permit?
Annual permits currently expire on December 31 and are prorated quarterly. The fee for for an annual overnight parking permit or a daytime parking permit is as follows:
2014 Permits (Expire December 31, 2014)
July 1, 2014 - September 30, 2014 = $35.40 per permit
October 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014 = $17.70 per permit
2015 Permits (Expire December 31, 2015)
January 1, 2015 - March 31, 2015 = $71.20 per permit
April 1, 2015 - June 30, 2015 = $53.40 per permit
July 1, 2015 - September 30, 2015 = $35.60 per permit
October 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015 = $17.80 per permit
You may pay with cash, check, VISA, Master Card, American Express, Discover or most ATM cards. The permits are valid from January 1st and expire on December 31st of each calendar year. The fee for the permit is prorated quarterly.
14) What if I need to park overnight on the street while I am preparing my paperwork?If you need to park your vehicle on the street prior to submitting your permit application, you may purchase a temporary permit from one of the City of Pasadena’s Temporary Overnight Parking Exemption Kiosks (or buy one online). The cost is $3.00 per permit, per vehicle, per night.
15) What if I don't need the permit for a whole year?If you do not require a parking permit for the entire year, you may apply for a TEMPORARY PARKING PERMIT. These permits are valid for a 30-day period. The cost for a 30-day permit is $21.40 per permit, per vehicle. For additional temporary permit information, visit the temporary parking permit web page.
16) What if I change my vehicle or license plate after I have purchased the permit for the whole year?If you change your vehicle information in any way (i.e. paint color, new license plates) after you have purchased the permit, you must remove the decal(s) from your vehicle(s) and return them to the Pasadena Office. These permits are no longer valid because the descriptions of your vehicle will no longer match. You will need to provide valid updated information and pay a fee of $21.40 for each new replacement decal.Permits are vehicle specific. You may not place your permit on any other vehicle. Should you wish to transfer your permit to another vehicle, you MUST remove the current decal from the original permitted vehicle and bring it into the Parking Division. You will be required to complete a new application for a vehicle transfer and submit photocopies of the valid and current registration for the new vehicle. The address on the vehicle registration must match the address where the original permit was issued. If there are no other changes, you will be issued a new permit for your new vehicle. The transfer fee is $21.40 per permit for a new decal.
17) What if I move to a new address after I have purchased the permit for the whole year?Permits are location specific. If you move, you must remove the decal(s) from your permitted vehicle(s) and return them to the Pasadena Parking Office. You may be eligible for a prorated refund. If you move to a location inside the City of Pasadena and still need to park your vehicle on the street, you must remove the decal(s) from your vehicle and return them to the Parking Division. They are not valid at your new address. You will need to apply for permit(s) at your new residence by going through the application process again. You will need to bring in an official stamped change of address form from the Department of Motor Vehicles along with the current registration for each one of the vehicles parked at your new residence. All registration addresses must match the address as listed on your application. If the application is approved, the fee is $21.40 per permit for a new decal.
18) Where can I get information about Temporary Parking Permits?
Please click here for information about temporary parking permits.
Please note: Holiday Overnight Parking Citation Moratorium – 2 am to 6 am, from December 23 thru January 3. Vehicles legally parked on the street during the aforementioned hours and dates will not receive a citation for overnight parking. Overnight parking citations will resume being issued the morning of January 4, at 2 am.