• City-Dept-Header-Small-Recycling

Department of Public Works

  • Residential Recycling and Refuse Services 

    Public Works Residential Refuse Rate Fact Sheet


    Recycling - Blue Lid   

    Aerosol Cans (empty) • Beverage & Food Containers (rinsed) • Cardboard (flattened) • Junk Mail • Mixed Paper • Catalogs • Magazines • Phone Books • Newspapers • All Plastics 1 – 6 • StyrofoamPlease DO NOT include:

    Food and Pet Waste • Light Bulbs • Laminated or Waxed Paper • Unlabeled Plastics • Greasy Pizza Boxes

    Yard Waste - Black Lid   

    Grass Clippings • Leaves & Weeds • Branches 3” or less in diameter and trimmed to fit in the container with the lid closed.

    Please DO NOT include:

    Cactus • Palm Fronds • Bamboo • Large Tree Limbs • Vegetables, Fruit • Animal Waste • Lumber • Construction Materials

    Trash - Green Lid 

    Items soiled with food • Vacuum Dust or Sweepings • Hair Clippings • Anything That Can't be Recycles or Composted

    Please DO NOT include:

    Construction Materials • Dirt/Sand • Sod

    Free Pick Up - Used oil/Filter 

    Used oil/filter pick up will be by appointment only. Indicate # of containers.

    Please call 24 hours in advance of your regular trash pick-up at 626-744-4087.

    Day of pick-up, place used oil/filter in approved container at the curb by 7am.

    Free Pick Up - Bulky Items (2x per year) 

    Single family residents may schedule two free pickups of bulky items per year:

    Appliances • Furniture • Mattresses • 4 tires • Lawn Furniture • Barbecues • Play Equipment • Bundled Wood (3' max.) • Fence Material • Miscellaneous (call and ask) • Call 626-744-4087 for an Appointment.

    Bulky Item Pickup DOES NOT include: 

    Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) • Electronic Waste • Computers • Construction Materials • Dirt • Sand • Large Tree Limbs • Tree Stumps

    To request a recycling container, or to report a missed pick-up, please call 626-744-4087.

  • Report Issues to the City OnLine

    You may report needed repairs and other issues online through the Pasadena Citizen Service Center.   Get information about or submit a service request for:

    CSC Button 
    • Animal Control Issues
    • Code Compliance
    • Garbage & Graffiti
    • Park & Tree Maintenance
    • Public Transportation Issues
    • Street & Sidewalk Issues
    • Food Safety & Parking
    • General Comments  & more ...

    To use the service, go to the Citizen Service Center and click on "Submit a Request."   Once you have submitted the request you will be contacted by the appropriate department. 

    Looking for general information?  Search our list of FAQs.