The Pasadena City Council has declared a local water emergency, establishing a 20-percent conservation goal and implementing the City’s Level 1 Water Supply Shortage Plan, with mandatory water waste restrictions effective immediately.
The Level 1 plan limits watering to three days per week in summer, one day per week in winter and requires that leaks be repaired within 72 hours, in addition to permanent water waste prohibitions.
Pasadena Water and Power (PWP) customers can report water waste by calling (626) 744-8888 at any time or report online via the Pasadena Citizen Service Center at www.cityofpasadena.net/csc. Fines for repeat offenders can be up to $500 per violation for residential customers, and up to $1,000 per violation for commercial accounts. A complete list of water waste restrictions is available at www.PWPweb.com/WaterWaste. Water-saving rebates and conservation tips are available at www.PWPweb.com/SaveWater.
• Outdoor watering only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, during summer.
• No outdoor watering from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., except with hand-held container or hose with shut-off nozzle.
• No watering during periods of rain.
• All water leaks must be fixed within 72 hours.
• No excessive water flow or runoff onto pavement, gutters or ditches.
• No washing down paved surfaces unless for safety or sanitation using bucket, a hose with shut-off nozzle, or cleaning machine that recycles water or a low-volume/high-pressure water broom.
• No washing vehicles except by using hand-held bucket or hose with shut-off nozzle