Pasadena adopted a 20-year Electric Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) in 2009 that calls for
1. Reducing our reliance on coal power plants
2. Increased energy efficiency and conservation
3. Repowering local generators for better reliability
4. Deferring investments in transmission projects
5. Making it easier for customers to install their own renewable energy projects
6. Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
7. Meeting 40 percent of the city’s needs with green power
Two years in, PWP is taking a fresh look at the plan to see if adjustments are needed. The “IRP Refresh Project” will gauge how well we’re performing under the current plan, and whether evolving economic conditions warrant revision of our goals.
We look forward to hearing thoughtful comments, questions and concerns from our valued customers.
Go to www.cityofpasadena.net/IRP for updates and to share your thoughts.