ARTNIGHT PASADENA RETURNS MARCH 14, 2014
PASADENA, Calif.—Come celebrate the best of Pasadena’s creative, artistic community as ArtNight Pasadena returns from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., Friday, March 14, 2014 with free admission to 16 exciting, world-class arts and cultural venues. Please see full list and map below.
There’s something for everyone during this exciting, family fun, four-hour cultural extravaganza featuring a wide array of dance, music, visual arts and other activities. Free shuttle buses will help provide transportation to each location.
Among the many highlights on March 14 for ArtNight, www.artnightpasadena.org, are:
- Reinvigorate your senses with Light Bringer Project’s Sensory Overload of creative edibles and installations at 175 N. Euclid Ave.
- Relive your artistic youth with PUSD’s student artwork exhibition “No Boundaries 9” at Paseo Colorado or revisit centuries past with the Norton Simon Museum’s exhibition of masterpieces.
- Revive your dance grooves at Lineage Performing Arts Center, 89 S. Fair Oaks Ave. or with Muse/Ique at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium, 300 E. Green St.
- Reexamine the lifelong artistic pursuits of design icon Ray Eames at Art Center College of Design, 1700 Lida St., or recognize reoccurring themes of immigration by artists’ work at the USC Pacific Asia Museum, 45 N. Los Robles Ave.
- Kids can create with the MobileMuralLab at Kidspace Museum, 480 N. Arroyo Blvd., or experience new media at artWORKS Teen Center, 2914 E. Walnut St. Both kids and adults alike will get a lift from the unique aviation exhibition at the Pasadena Museum of History, 470 W. Walnut St.
Remember, admission to all venues is free and free shuttle buses are provided by the City of Pasadena to and from all locations using City Hall as the primary hub. Several venues also will feature co-located food trucks offering for-sale meals and treats.
For those interested in providing their own transportation, try ArtNight by bicycle! Visit www.cicle.org/event/artnight-pasadena-by-bike for details. Make sure your bike is in good repair and has all appropriate lights and reflectors for a fun night ride.
ArtNight is produced by the City’s Cultural Affairs Division, Planning & Community Development Department, in collaboration with the participating arts and culture institutions. For accessibility assistance to the venues or shuttle transportation, or for information in braille or large-print format, call (626) 744-7062.
For more information about the City of Pasadena, visit www.cityofpasadena.net, follow us on Twitter @PasadenaGov, online at www.twitter.com/PasadenaGov or call the Citizen Service Center, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at (626) 744-7311.
# # #
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 3, 2014, #016-14
NEWS MEDIA CONTACT: William H. Boyer, Pasadena Public Information Officer, City Manager’s Office, (626) 744-4755, email@example.com