SPOOKTACULAR FUN AT FALL FESTIVAL; ZOMBIES GO WILD AT LIBRARY
PASADENA, Calif.—The City of Pasadena summons all good ghosts and ghouls, witches, zombies and others to join in the fantastic family fun at its Fall Festival 2012 at Victory Park, 2575 Paloma Street, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 31.
The event offers an enchanting night of safe, family fun with activities for the entire family! All are welcome to come out and enjoy live entertainment, games, face painting, pumpkin decorating, arts & craft, big slide, sticky wall, a train ride around the park and, of course, delicious food!
Admission is free and special costume contests for all age groups are planned, starting with the Toddler contest at 5:30 p.m.; Youth at 6:00 p.m.; and Teens, Adults and Seniors at 7:00 p.m. Tickets for main attractions including a train ride around the park, a big slide and Haunted House will be sold onsite.
The event is sponsored by the City, including the Human Services and Recreation Department, Pasadena Police Department, Pasadena Fire Department, Pasadena Public Health Department, Pasadena Public Libraries and Amory Center of the Arts. For more information regarding this event, call (626) 744-7507.
Meanwhile, it’s zombie time over at the Pasadena’s Central Library, 285 E. Walnut St., where youths can learn to draw zombies—manga style—at the Zombie Manga Drawing Class, with artist Janell Mithani, beginning at 1 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 20. Participants will learn to draw and ink a ghoulish manga character. All materials provided.
The Pasadena Public Library is also sponsoring special performances by the Flights of Fantasy Story Theatre that blends folk tales, fables and rhymes into a frothy brew this Hallows Eve. Using a pinch of spookiness, a dash of the scary and just the right dose of laughter, this spine-tingling presentation of interactive storytelling will captivate all ages.
Performances times, days and dates at the following library locations include:
- Allendale, 1130 S. Marengo Ave., 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, October 24
- Lamanda Park, 140 S. Altadena Dr., 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 24
- Linda Vista, 1281 Bryant St., 10:30 a.m., Thursday, October 25
- La Pintoresca, 1355 N. Raymond Ave., 3:30 p.m., Thursday, October 25
- Central Library/Donald R. Wright Auditorium, 10:00 a.m., Saturday, October 27
- Hastings, 3325 E. Orange Grove Blvd., 7:00 p.m., Monday, October 29
- Villa-Parke, 363 E. Villa St., 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, October 30
- Santa Catalina, 999 E. Washington Blvd., 3:30 p.m., Tuesday, October 30
- San Rafael, 1240 Nithsdale Rd.,10:30 a.m., Wednesday, October 31
- Hill Avenue, 55 S. Hill Ave., 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 31
For more information about the City of Pasadena, go online to www.cityofpasadena.net.
# # #
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 18, 2012 #085-12
NEWS MEDIA CONTACT: William H. Boyer, Pasadena Public Information Officer, City Manager’s Office, (626) 744-4755, firstname.lastname@example.org