The Nutrition and Physical Activity Program provides free classes to promote optimal nutrition and increased physical activity throughout the Northwest Pasadena community. We offer series of five 60-minute classes, each fun, interactive and informative. Classes are available in either English and Spanish. Topics covered include:
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) MyPlate; Food groups, correct portion sizes, and healthier food options
- Rethink Your Drink for healthier beverage options
- The benefits of physical activity
- A grocery store tour and how to read nutritional labels
- Defensive dining when eating outside the home, and
Click HERE to download the flyer for free June-July classes at the Pasadena Public Health Department (English in the morning and Spanish in the evening).
Join us, starting June 10th for classes in Spanish or June 12th for classes in English!