IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: SR 710 STAFF RECOMMENDATIONS (August 23, 2012)
SR 710 EIR-EIS TAC Mtg #7 Agenda
SR 710 EIR-EIS TAC Mtg #7 (Aug 2012) Tech Memo on Performance of Alternatives (Summary of Results)
While our work is not done, this is a great start!
Below please find a summary from Fred Dock, Director of Transportation
District 6 Councilmember
The following/attached just in from Metro. Per the information below, it appears that the Metro staff recommendation at the August 29, 2012, meeting will be to eliminate a series of alternatives for the SR 710 corridor and to recommend five alternatives for further study. The five alternatives recommended to be advanced are noted below using the numbering scheme developed for the study which can be translated as follows:
- No Build – this alternative is the existing plus committed system – it is the existing freeway, arterial and transit system plus a series of system improvements that are already programmed in the Regional Transportation Improvement Program (RTIP). None of the future projects included in the No Build are located in Pasadena.
- TSM/TDM – this alternative is the existing transportation system plus enhanced operations management and demand management activities
- BRT 6 with further refinements – this is a bus rapid transit alternative that in Pasadena would enter from the south on Fair Oaks, travel east on Colorado to Hill, south to California, west to Lake and north to Colorado and then retrace to Fair Oaks and exit at the City limit.
- LRT 4 with further refinements – this is a light rail transit alternative that in Pasadena would enter from the south in a tunnel under Fair Oaks and end at an underground station adjacent to the Gold Line Fillmore Station near Arroyo Parkway and Fillmore Street
- F-7 (freeway tunnel) – this is a freeway alternative in tunnel that in Pasadena would be contained entirely within the corridor already owned by the State that generally follows Pasadena Avenue and the existing freeway stub.
Please note that the SR 710 TAC meeting has been moved to the Metro Board Room at Gateway Plaza.